During General Anesthesia your pet will always receive:
- Gold Standard Care
- Use of the safest anaesthetic drugs
- Constant anesthetic monitoring during surgery and recovery by a qualified veterinary nurse
- The nurse will be with your pet right through the procedure and during recovery
- Monitoring includes blood pressure, blood oxygen levels, respiratory rate, body temperature and heart rate.
- Intravenous Fluid therapy is recommended and offered to all pets undergoing general anaesthesia
- ECG monitoring is also available during anesthesia for cardiac or compromised patients
- Use of appropriate pain relief during recovery.
Some procedures ( X-Rays and minor surgical procedures) may be performed just as safely and effectively under sedation rather than full general anesthesia. There will always be a qualified nurse monitoring your pet in these situations as well.