During General Anaesthesia your pet will always receive:
- Gold Standard Care
- Use of the safest anaesthetic drugs
- Constant anaesthetic monitoring during surgery and recovery by a qualified veterinary nurse
- The nurse will be with your pet right through the procedure and during recovery
- Monitoring includes blood pressure, heart rate, blood oxygen levels, respiratory rate, and body temperature.
- Intravenous Fluid Therapy is recommended and offered to all pets undergoing general anaesthesia
- ECG monitoring is also available during anesthesia for cardiac or compromised patients
- We have a No Pain Policy, and are passionate about ensuring the use of appropriate pain relief during all procedures and recovery.
Some procedures (X-Rays and minor surgical procedures) may be performed just as safely and effectively under sedation, rather than full general anaesthesia. There will always be a qualified nurse monitoring your pet in these situations as well.